Three Jerks Jerky Sweet and Spicy Chocolate Dipped Filet Mignon Jerky10 Feb 18
Like your Valentine’s Day a little sweet and spicy? Check out this gourmet DIY recipe for chocolate dipped Three Jerks Jerky™ Filet Mignon Beef Jerky. With Original Flavor Three Jerks Jerky, dark chocolate, pink Himalayan salt and cayenne pepper, you can be sure to create the perfect gift or activity to add a tasty touch to your special day.
Here is what you’ll need:
- 1 bag of Original Flavor Three Jerks Jerky Filet Mignon Beef Jerky
- 1 12oz bag of 67% Cocoa Dark Chocolate Chunks
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- Cayenne Pepper
- Candy Thermometer
- Baking Sheet or Large Plate
- Parchment Paper
- Rubber or Wooden Spatula
- Double Boiler (you can substitute by situating a pot, sauce pan, stainless steel or glass bowl on top of a sauce pan or small pot. Make sure that no water vapor or steam can escape from the bottom pan/pot)
- Small Valentines Gift Box & Plastic Treat Bag (if given as a gift)
1. Place a piece of parchment paper on baking sheet or larger plate. Remove pieces of Filet Mignon Beef Jerky from package and keep aside.
2. Melt and temper dark chocolate.
- Make sure that all your kitchen equipment and utensils are 100% dry before touching your chocolate.
- eat water in bottom pan to 130-150° F (do not boil). Turn off heat.
- Place 2/3 of chocolate chunks into top Double Boiler Insert/pot/pan/bowl and set over the bottom pan of water (be sure that the pot or bowl fits tightly over the water so that no steam or water vapor escapes).
- Reserve 1/3 of the chocolate chunks as this will be used later.
- Melt chocolate until it reaches 120° F. Don’t overheat.
- Cool the chocolate to 82° F by "seeding" or mixing in the remaining 1/3 of chocolate chunks. Don't add too much at a time, as it may not all melt and the mixture will become lumpy.
- Reheat the chocolate in the double to 88°-90°F.
3. Dip Original Flavor Three Jerks Jerky Filet Mignon Beef Jerky into chocolate.Before melting chocolate,
- Dip a piece of Filet Mignon Beef Jerky in melted chocolate, let the excess drip into the chocolate pan and place onto parchment paper.
- Continue until all pieces have been dipped and placed on parchment paper.
4. Sprinkle pink Himalayan salt and cayenne pepper to taste.
5. Let the chocolate dipped Filet Mignon Beef Jerky set-up (harden) by placing the sheet or plate of chocolate covered Filet Mignon Beef Jerky in the refrigerator on a level surface for 5 – 15 min.
6. If given as a gift, package the chocolate dipped Filet Mignon Beef Jerky in a Valentines gift box.
7. Enjoy your sweet and spicy Valentine’s Day ;)