Filet Mignon Beef Jerky Poutine. Yes You Read That Right.06 Feb 15
Stop drooling on your keyboard. Get Ready to cook!
You're here because you are in dire need of a food coma, right? Good. Because thats whats about to happen after making this recipe. We took this awesome recipe (courtesty of Saveur) and added jerky to the gravy and as a topping to make this beefy cheesy masterpiece even beefier!
Here is what you need:
- 4 lb. russet potatoes, skin-on, washed and dried (or if you are lazy get frozen fries)
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups beef stock
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. whole green peppercorns
- ½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 bags Three Jerks Jerky – Original Flavor, Chopped/Torn into pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Canola oil, for frying
- 2 cups cheddar cheese curds
Here is what you are gonna do:
- Cut potatoes into fries (duh). Place in a large bowl, cover with cold water, and refrigerate for about 2 hours (not so duh, but very important).
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a 2-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat. Add flour, and cook, stirring, until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add shallot and garlic, and cook, until soft, another 2 minutes. Add stock, ketchup, vinegar, peppercorns, Worcestershire, some of the Three Jerks Jerky reserving more for topping and salt and pepper, and bring to a boil; cook, stirring, until thickened, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat, and keep gravy warm.
- Pour oil to a depth of 3" in a 6-qt. Dutch oven, and heat over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer reads 325°. Drain potatoes, and dry thoroughly with paper towels. Working in small batches, add potatoes and fry, tossing occasionally, until tender and slightly crisp, about 4 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels, and let cool for 20 minutes. Increase temperature to medium-high, and heat oil until it reads 375°. Working in small batches, return potatoes to oil, and fry, tossing occasionally, until crisp and golden brown, about 2 minutes. Transfer fries to paper towels to drain briefly, and then divide among serving bowls (See image below for how we assembled and layered it). Pour gravy over each serving of fries, and top with cheese curds; serve immediately.