Why Eat Pizza When You Can Have Three Jerks MEATZA!20 May 15
You love pizza, we love pizza too. Its human nature. But what are you to do when you want pizza without the carbs?!?? Certainly choosing not to eat pizza is wrong, so jerky friends and fiends we are happy to provide you with the most delicious solution - MEATZA!!!
Naturally we put jerky on everything here at Three Jerks and this meatza is no exception. All of our filet mignon jerky flavors make for incredible toppings - we use Original Flavor here - but you cant go wrong with Chipotle Adobo or Memphis BBQ.
Without further delay - here is our recipe for Three Jerks Filet Mignon Beef Jerky covered Meatza!
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds ground turkey/chicken/beef
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces fresh shredded mozzarella cheese
- A handful of Mozzarella Ciliegine pulled into smaller pieces
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 small tomatoes, diced (we used heirloom but roma works too)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil sliced thin
- any other toppings you want for pizza!
- 1 bag of Three Jerks Jerky: The Original Filet Mignon Beef Jerky (your favorite flavor!)
Now to put it all together
- Preheat your oven to 450
- In a bowl - mix the salt, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, ground black pepper and crushed red pepper flakes
- In another bowl - mix the meat, worcestershire sauce and eggs together until combined, then add the parmesan cheese and the bowl of seasonings you just mixed together
- Once all that tasty goodness is mixed together, throw it in a pizza pan or baking sheet covered with parchment paper - make it look something like a pizza crust (think a circle or oval)
- Put that crust in the oven and cook until its no longer raw - about 15 minutes
- Pat off any grease that came to the top with a paper towel
- Turn your oven to broil
- Sprinkle half of your mozz on the baked meat, then spread the tomato sauce over that and then the rest of your cheeses
- put all your tasty toppings and your Three Jerks Jerky on top of that cheese
- Broil until the cheese is melted and slightly browned - 3-5 minutes
- Cut into slices, try not to burn the roof of your mouth and enjoy!!
Recipe adapted from http://bakerbynature.com/margarita-meatza/