Join the Three Jerks Jerky Club: Treat Yourself
Gourmet beef jerky has exploded onto the snacking scene in recent years. Boutique jerky shops are popping up in cities across the U.S., from sea to shining sea, and online jerky subscriptions are all the rage.
What sparked the comeback of this beefy treat? Visionary folks like the Three Jerks in Venice, California, saw something more for a snack once relegated to a dust-covered plastic bin at the back of convenience stores and truck stops. Behold Three Jerks Jerky, the best gourmet jerky on the planet. Why the best? Because these carefully crafted morsels are made from the finest cut on the steer: the tenderloin.
There are so many reasons to embrace beef jerky as your go-to snack and enroll in a jerky club that replenishes your supply at convenient intervals. Here are seven awesome facts about beef jerky.
- Beef Jerky Is Protein Packed: The average adult needs 10% to 30% of their daily calories from protein—that translates to around 56 grams of protein a day for men, and 46 grams per day for women. Endurance athletes and those pumping iron tirelessly to build biceps like Moustafa Ismail need double that amount (or more). A 180-pound athlete needs between 108 and 162 grams of protein per day, according to Men’s Fitness. Beef jerky is a protein-laden delight. Ditch the tasteless tofu or chalky protein shakes, and grab a pouch of gourmet jerky instead—two ounces has a whopping 26 grams of protein.
- It’s Healthy: You read that right. There’s been a lot of chatter lately about the unhealthfulness of certain meats—namely, some processed varieties. Here’s the reality: natural beef jerky done right has ingredients you can pronounce, is made without nitrates, MSG, artificial ingredients, preservatives, or chemicals, and has a reasonable amount of sodium (as with everything, moderation is key).
It’s Practically Made for College Students: What’s better for a late night pick-me-up than hamburger-inspired beef jerky? Beef jerky is the perfect snack for busy college students—no cooking involved, and audacious flavor that’s totally portable. You won’t pack on the “freshman 15” with this lean, high-protein snack, but you will get the energy you need to ace your exams the next morning.
It’s Delish at 35,000 Feet: You see the food and drink cart in the aisle six rows ahead. You faintly hear the flight attendant repeating “chicken or pasta?” in zombie-like fashion. “Here come the slimy chicken breast and overcooked vegetables,” you think to yourself. Then you remember the slender pouch you packed in your carry-on. If you often find yourself darting through the stratosphere at 550 miles per hour, beef jerky is your savior from the nightmare that is plane food. It’s convenient, it’s ready-made, and it’s delish—the tastiest thing you’re likely to get your hands on in the air, in fact. And, Three Jerks pouches pass the TSA’s 3.4 oz. weight rule!
- It’s Loaded with Nutrients: We’ve already mentioned that tenderloin is chock full o’ protein. It also serves up a healthy dose of iron—essential for oxygenation of blood, tissues, and organs. It delivers B vitamins, including the important but often overlooked B12, essential for nervous system functioning. Red meat also supplies selenium and zinc, the former helping to reduce the risk of colon cancer, and the latter preventing damage to blood vessel walls, reducing the risk of atherosclerosis (clogged arteries).
- It’s Not Just for Guys: Who can forget the ads featuring characters like pro wrestler “Macho Man” Randy Savage egging viewers on to “snap into” that beefy snack—you know the ones. Or how about Sasquatch passing wicked gas over a campfire to get things fired up, much to the amusement of the campers who invited him to the party? It’s pretty clear that young men were the target audience for beef jerky snacks in the past. Today, jerky is more refined. Gourmet flavors like maple bourbon churro and chipotle adobo prove that jerky is not just for the boys—it’s for adults of the male and female persuasion who know quality when they taste it.
- It Makes a Kick-Ass Hors d’Oeuvres: Wine and cheese parties are so yesterday. It’s time for a new take: We suggest a craft beer and jerky party. Here are some ideas for your next shindig. Pair Yeti by Great Divide Brewing Co., an imperial stout with a dark, malty profile, with Original Filet Mignon Beef Jerky; the rich caramel and toffee notes in the stout complement the meat without detracting from its flavor. A second pairing idea: Sculpin IPA by Ballast Point Brewing Company with Chipotle Adobo Beef Jerky. The hops in the IPA nicely complement the pungent adobo seasoning and smoky, peppery Chipotle spices.
If you’re not yet convinced yet that jerky is the ultimate snack … well, we’re at a loss. For those who have come to the obvious conclusion that a regular supply of gourmet beef jerky is the only civilized way to exist, read on.
Here’s how the Three Jerks Jerky subscription service works:
Choose your plan:
- 3 packs every month $28.45, 21% savings (including shipping)
- 6 packs every month, $54.99, 24% savings (including shipping)
- 12 packs every month, $104.99, 27% savings (including shipping)
- Pick five flavors: Original, Memphis BBQ, Chipotle Adobo, Hamburger, and Maple Bourbon Churro.
- Indicate any special instructions.
- Enter shipping and billing information.
- Anticipate the quick arrival of delicious gourmet beef jerky at your doorstep.
Enroll in our monthly subscription service today—you’ll be glad you did.
The Three Jerks